Thursday, April 22, 2010

Behold the Wonder -- Earth Day 2010

In working on my Earth Day 2010 Vision Board, I scrolled through images online. I saw many images of "the earth" as the great blue ball seen from space. I saw recycling and reuse images. All do represent Earth Day, but to me Earth Day is more. So I continued viewing images (free use images in Google and Microsoft Office are great sources) and selected the ones that reminded me of Earth Day and what it means the whole year.

When I had selected a folder full, I simply pull them up in a slideshow view and start to move and select, delete and re-arrange. I use a process very similar to one you would use if creating a vision board with "paper". I let the images resonate with me -- and open my mind to what they are expressing to me.

After collecting the images and moving them around a bit, I did find a theme with the images I was keeping -- Behold the Wonder.
The image that first stuck me was the world map with the eye. We must see the earth not just as the blue ball but as its delicate parts. From the tiny lady bug on a blade of grass to flowing waterfalls and sunflowers reaching to sun.

The earth itself is peaceful and reflective. It is content in the joy and beauty that abounds. As part of Earth Day we need to stop and appreciate all that the earth offers. We need to find contentment in the simple joys and beauty.

The future of the planet may be in our hands in some ways but it is also elusive and greater than us all.  I have posted a copy of my Earth Day Vision Board near my computer monitor. Each day as I view it, I will be reminded of the wonder in all things and see a planet full of life and beauty and peace for all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment